World´s first Zone 1/21 & DIV 1 tablet computer based on Samsung GALAXY Tab Active
ecom´s hazardous area tablet, the Tab-Ex®, brings new customer focused solutions and improved ease of use to mobile workers in Oil & Gas, Refining, Chemical, Pharmaceuticals and other industries with hazardous areas.
Recognizing that many work tasks are performed in both non-hazardous and hazardous areas, ecom is launching an entire family of compatible tablets, peripherals and accessories ideal for use in Zone 1 / Division 1, Zone 2 / Division 2 and non-hazardous environments worldwide.
Safety (employees, assets, environments) is priority number one when carrying even unintended or switched off any electronic device in to environments with explosion risks. Since even Zone 2 equipment is “only required to be safe under normal operation conditions“ any fault could cause an explosion in the occassion of an explosive atmosphere.
This is why ecom has worked collaboratively with Samsung to develop the World’s first intrinsically safe tablet, which is certified for use in Zone 1/ 21 & DIV 1 hazardous areas.
- New: Changeable SIM
- Global certifications – one common platform
- Android™ 5.1.1 (optionally 4.4.4) Operating System
- Wireless capability as WWAN, 4G LTE*, WLAN, etc.
- Front and rear camera (optional)
- 3 MP with rear camera Flash with Barcode Scanner capability
- 1.3 MP front camera
- Reinforced security with Samsung KNOX™
- Accessories and peripherals to enable wide range of uses
- Suitable for use with gloves
- NFC technology for wireless applications